BoneStation assists the physician in creating BMD reports the following way:
- Presents historical scan images side by side with the current image.
- Suggests an assessment based on the patient’s questionnaire, current scan results and decision rules
(these rules have been decided upon with the physician ahead of time).
- Can output sentences automatically in the appropriate boxes or present pre-made sentences in pull down menus.
- Calculates the BMD change automatically.
- Automatically calculates the FRAX™ score when appropriate.
We call this process “assistive review” because the physician using his/her clinical judgement can accept or
modify the proposed assessment. Below is the preview of a DXA report illustrating the concept.